SOUTH COAST ROSTERS
This is the set of rules that must be followed at any and all games in our academy. We expect everyone to behave according to our guidelines including coaches, players, and parents. To focus on helping and providing the kids with the most enjoyable environment possible.
-ONLY APPROVED HEADBANDS, MOUTH GURDS ORKNEE BRACE
-JERSEYS MUST BE TUCKED IN
-PROPER ATHLETIC SHOES REQUIRED
IF PLAYER DOES NOT HAVE THE CORRECT JERSEY OR SHORTS THEY WILL BE GIVEN A TECHNICAL FOUL AT THE START OF THE GAME. THEY WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A LOANER JERSEY IN SUCH CASES.
-3 PLAYER MINIMUM TO PLAY A GAME. ( IF OTHER TEAM HAS 4 PLAYERS IT IS AT THAT COACHES DISCRETION TO PLAY A 3V3 OR 3V4)
-IF 3RD PLAYER IS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR BY GAME TIME THE GAME WILL RESULT IN A FORFEIT
-ZERO TOLERANCE OF VIOLENCE
PLAYER WILL IMMEDIATELY BE SAT OUT AND IT WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SUPERVISOR TO BE ALLOWED BACK IN THE GAME
EVERY PLAYER IS AWARDED 5 FOULS, AFTER THE 5TH FOUL IS COMMITTED THE PLAYER IS OUT FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE GAME. IF THE TEAM IS DOWN TO THE BARE MINIMUM PLAYERS (3) THE PLAYER WITH 5 FOULS WILL REMAIN IN THE GAME BUT WILL BE GIVEN A TECHNICAL FOUL RESULTING IN 2 FREE THROWS AND THE BALL AFTERWARDS.
WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO ANY PLAYER OR COACH THAT HAS DONE THE FOLLOWING
-THE USE OF FOUL LANGUAGE
-IMPROPER GAME ATIRE
-DELAY OF GAME
-OVERUSE OF TIMEOUTS
PARENTS IF BEHAVIOR IS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE YOU WILL BE ESCORTED OUT AND FURTHERING A GAME SUSPENSION
I hereby pledge to live up to the standards expected of me by following the EBA Code of Ethics for Parents:
· I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
· I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
· I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
· I will require that my child's coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches' Code of Ethics.
· I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
· I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
· I will remember that the game is for youth - not for adults.
· I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
· I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability
. If asked to leave the premises, for reasons specified by the acting supervisor I will comply with the request.
Elite Basketball Academy does not permit the following:
Drugs, tobacco, E-cigarettes (and the likes), or alcohol
Noise makers (blow horns, speakers, thunder sticks, bells, whistles, etc)
Inappropriate attire (bikinis, revealing/suggestive clothing, clothing displaying acts of violence or adult content) under the discretion of the supervisor
Violence of any kind
Abuse/Bullying of any kind
Grades 1st through 3rd
Ball size 5 (27.5)
No full court press until the last 2 minutes of the game.
Violation leniency (allows for minor travels / double dribbles)
Game time will be two 18-minute halves (running clock until the last two minutes)
5v5 (minimum of 4 players to play without a forfeit)
Each game is intended to have a 10 minute warmup should the schedule allow (coaches are responsible for their respective teams warmups)
Halftime will be 2 minutes
Each team will have a maximum of 4 timeouts. An additional timeout will be awarded in the case of overtime. There is no ball advancement during timeouts.